Superior Performance Monitoring for UC Communications and Collaboration
Nectar’s Foundation is the fundamental layer of the Nectar’s Unified Communications Performance Management framework – Nectar 10. It delivers incomparable system health and availability through a single, 360-degree view of all voice and data assets. This centralized approach combines customizable dashboard views, business-centric customer notifications and alarm and performance data in real-time. It’s designed to meet the needs of both enterprises and service providers alike through exceptional application and endpoint health.
By focusing on the entire UC ecosystem via integrated capabilities such as health trending and capacity utilization and reporting and analytics, Nectar Foundation enables comprehensive troubleshooting and effective performance management.
Key Features of Foundation
Nectar’s Foundation module relies on information from various platform and infrastructure components to monitor application and endpoint health and availability. Foundation utilizes a variety of industry and manufacturer-specific protocols for Microsoft, Cisco, Avaya, and other industry-standard platforms to gather health and performance data. Nectar Foundation then uses this information to aggregate and present alerts and alarms along with actionable data to meet customers expectations and service provider SLAs. Other significant functionality includes:
- Auto/Active Discovery – provides constant communication to help keep device lists up-to-date.
- Detailed Inventory – enables automatic hardware/software/firmware discovery for dynamic updates.
- System Dependency Hierarchy – provides correlation logic to help map elements and applications to individual business processes, and creates dynamic dependency trees.
- Phone QoS – offers manufacturer provided quality information and reporting.
- Performance & Capacity – delivers real-time, historical performance trending and alerting.
- Dashboard Views –delivers highly detailed, real-time information in a customizable format that allows you to track all aspects of network performance and status.
- Robust Reporting and Advanced Analytics – provide in-depth historical reports that allow you to track device performance and resource utilization trends.
Benefits of a High Performing Nectar Foundation
Foundation brings value to enterprise customers and service providers by increasing the uptime, overall health, and performance of the application and endpoint domains in a powerful, efficient and cost effective manner.
Modular Architecture – Foundation utilizes purpose-built components (RIG, EIP, and CIP) to meet the scalability and flexibility needs of medium and large enterprise customers, as well as service providers who need to monitor and manage clients in a multi-tenant deployment via a single tool.
Cross Platform – Foundation optimizes the application health of Avaya, Cisco, and Microsoft platforms and ecosystem components (gateways, SBC’s, etc.) – allowing you to support heterogeneous enterprise environments via a single interface.
Specific Vendor Application Knowledge –Utilizing both live and historical data, Foundation provides an informative snapshot of critical business functions that align with vendor best practices.
Dependency Trees – Offering a visual representation of all components and services required to deliver a healthy UC environment. Dependency trees enable quick identification and root-cause of issues enabling quick problem resolution.