UC Diagnostics (UCD)
Real-Time Monitoring, Management, and Diagnostics Assures Uncompromising Network Health
UC Diagnostics (UCD) offers exceptional network health by enabling complete IP network information correlation and comprehensive cross-platform insight across Microsoft Skype for Business, Cisco, Avaya, and other industry-standard platforms – providing faster issue resolution and a superior end-user experience.
By unobtrusively monitoring content, session, and network topology data, UC Diagnostics can deliver real-time visibility into the quality of the user’s voice, video and signaling media experience. It automatically correlates this information so you can associate specific user-reported complaints instantly to any events in any part of the network. With proactive trend identification, UC Diagnostics can accurately localize and eliminate issues, reducing problem resolution time by more than 70%.
Nectar Brings End-to-End Network Quality Monitoring to the “Last Meter” of the UC Network
Provides the Ability to Troubleshoot Device Connection in Conjunction with Network and Call Application Quality
Nectar delivers a UC Diagnostics solution for Plantronics Bluetooth headsets*, the industry’s only troubleshooting tool that incorporates Plantronics Bluetooth devices into the full context of network health and media quality. The first complete ear-to-ear diagnostic solution in the market, support engineers can now diagnose network issues all the way down to a user’s Bluetooth headset, adding the ability to separate network issues from device connection quality issues. That means more resolved support tickets for IT and better call quality for the business.
UC Diagnostics utilizes cutting-edge, probe-based analyzer technology to fill in manufacturer ‘blind spots’, thereby creating real-time, complete call diagnostics for every session, regardless of platform or client type. Further, it collects from the actual conversation comprehensive data relating to packet loss, jitter, delay, echo, MOS, and other key metrics. Other functionality includes:
Real-Time Media Monitoring
- Instant visibility and analysis of active calls to demonstrate the true end user experience.
- Facilitates media fault isolation to quickly ‘bracket’ the source of performance problems.
- Enables site-based session tracking and reporting to help identify systemic vs local failures.
- Insight into Complex Call Flows allows rapid identification of all legs of a call.
- Automatically captures session signaling packets for quick debugging.
Network Path and Event Correlation
- Shows the network path of each media session by router and audio packet monitoring.
- Identifies poor call quality causes and provides immediate notification of relevant network events.
- Identifies and alerts on bandwidth utilization and packet drop for interfaces carrying media sessions.
GUI and System Management
- Pulls together all UCD capabilities via a comprehensive, correlated ‘single pane of glass’ view.
- Provides an easy-to-interpret presentation of all events and user experience metrics.
- Facilitates fault isolation and problem resolution.
- Reduces the need for expert resources to analyze events and identify the root cause.
UC Diagnostics Benefits
UC Diagnostics enables enterprise customers and service providers to manage multi-vendor network complexity, maximize existing technology investments, and achieve a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
Real-Time Quality – The true value of UC Diagnostics is that it sees and reports on how the actual packets of a conversation are being handled on the network, and notifies you – in real-time – exactly how the network treats an individual user’s conversation.
SDN API Integration – UC Diagnostics provides proven integration of Skype for Business and Lync into existing Avaya, Cisco and Nortel UC networks via a single monitoring solution. It speeds the adoption of Microsoft Skype for Business and Lync deployments and saves you time, resources, and money.
Robust Reporting – Visualization of historical trends allows for executive-level tracking, management, and decision making in order to improve the user’s experience and anticipate operational requirements such as capacity planning.