Perspective Provides Easy-to-Deploy Synthetic Testing Capabilities Offer Superior Network Health & Readiness
Perspective is a synthetic traffic generation engine that supports network health by delivering network assessment, voice quality troubleshooting, and real-time problem identification – so you can monitor anticipated end-to-end voice sessions over IP easily and efficiently.
The Perspective module has everything you need to maintain a centralized view of real-time and historical measurements; centrally administer synthetic transaction sessions; and provide alarms and alerts based on customizable performance thresholds. Further, Perspective provides Quality of Service (QoS) monitoring across enterprise and carrier segments – allowing enterprises to maintain a consistent quality level based on your corporate QoS.
Perspective monitors and measures how UC traffic is ‘behaving’ over the network, and notifies you of any changes that may negatively affect UC network traffic. Perspective generates traffic between agents on the network, and captures key metrics like MOS, round trip delay, jitter, packet loss, as well as route path and DSCP tags to ensure that UC traffic is optimized. Other essential functionality includes:
- Multiple Topologies – allows Perspective to be configured to run in a Mesh, Hub-and-Spoke, or Site-to-Site design in order to match projected UC traffic patterns.
- Support for Multiple Codecs – that are used in voice, conferencing, streaming media, and editing applications, including but not limited to G.711, G.729, and G.722.
- Synthetic Testing & Reporting – offers support for multiple simultaneous calls, notifications and comprehensive reporting.
- Simulated Call Scheduling Anytime – so you can set up simulated calls virtually anytime, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Alerts/Alarms – that notify you if the network path changes, QoS prioritization (DSCP) drops, or if MOS falls below a certain level. These alerts allow you to be as proactive as possible.
Perspective provides complete, end-to-end visibility across your company’s entire multi-vendor network ecosystem – so you have easy access to the critical, actionable voice performance information you need to resolve issues quickly to maintain network health.
Comprehensive Reports – Perspective displays collected data in a series of reports that provide a picture of the overall health of the network; highlighting potential issues based on location, time-of-day, or day-of-week.
Simulates a True Voice Experience – Perspective identifies missing or misconfigured QoS network settings, network bandwidth issues, voice quality issues, and network path changes that impact the voice quality experience.
Works within Distributed, Multi-Vendor Environments – Perspective provides continuous seamless insight, metrics, and identifies issues that may affect the user experience within a multi-vendor UC environment.