Great User Experiences Are Enabled by a Healthy UC Environment
Nectar for SIP: Complete, Real-Time Visibility and Performance Monitoring Enables Superior Application, Network and Endpoint Health
Nectar’s Unified Communications Performance Management Solution – Nectar 10 – assures application, network and endpoint health by solving critical SIP network issues, including poor audio quality associated with ineffective design and implementation. It provides comprehensive, end-to-end visibility into the health and performance of the network and Session Border Controllers (SBC), and ensures that corrective actions occur in a timely manner.
Within the modular Nectar 10 framework, Nectar’s Diagnostics system efficiently tracks both signaling and media across the SBC infrastructure and session level diagnostics at the carrier demarcation point. It allows you to isolate issues related to the internal network, the SIP service provider, or the SBC itself. Total visibility eliminates finger pointing, thereby reducing time to issue resolution, enabling optimal voice quality, supporting exceptional network health, and ensuring a superior user experience.
Ribbon Integration Optimizes User Experience While Saving Time and Money
Through a joint development effort with Ribbon, a global leader in secure and intelligent cloud communications, Nectar has integrated its Nectar Diagnostics module with the Ribbon SBC 1000 and SBC 2000. It can deploy in minutes to provide full signaling and media analysis via a secure tunnel – no need for network taps or SPAN ports. Complete session visibility and WAN bracketing at each site allows you to proactively identify the location of signaling issues and media quality problems before they can negatively affect the user experience.
The embedded, fully integrated Nectar Diagnostics for Ribbon SBC solution provides unmatched scalability for monitoring multiple geographically distributed SBCs from a centrally located Nectar Diagnostics system. It also offers centralized management whereby a single Diagnostics system, or set of Diagnostics systems, can be installed in a centrally located and secure data center to monitor Ribbon SBCs deployed at remote sites. This reduces the number of Nectar Diagnostics servers that must be installed, and dramatically decreases maintenance costs. Visit Ribbon solution landing page.
Whatever platform your business leverages, Nectar Diagnostics can help you proactively monitor the health, performance, and capacity of your SBC infrastructure, as well as track and monitor SIP signaling errors and provide clear RTP quality measurements on both sides of the SBC.
Other functionality includes:
- Bracketing – Isolates issues to the internal (private) or external (public/PSTN) side of your SBC demarcation point, signaling, and/or media.
- Real-Time Media Statistics – Provides in-call, real-time media analysis to show the true end user experience.
- Media KPI – Offers current and historical key performance indicators for alerting and trending (MOS, packet loss, jitter, etc.).
- SIP Response Codes – Identifies unexpected SIP termination/error codes and quickly identifies problem sessions.
- Signaling KPIs – Includes current and historical (signaling) key performance indicators for alerting and trending (post-dial delay, etc.).
- Ladder Diagrams Signaling Capture – Quickly debugs hard to find signaling issues.
- Site Tracking – Delivers site-based session tracking and reporting to identify systemic versus local failures (heat map view).
- Related Sessions – Swiftly identifies and correlates all legs of a call.